dinsdag 9 juni 2009

pathfinding

Okay.. update time. I’ve been working on the path finding. And it’s getting really really good. Almost perfect :) there are still a few glitches. I found a pretty nice solution. I was kind of worried I needed to examine every voxel within the world.Because a staircase/bridges can be blown up or if you blow pieces of wall/rock away at the right angle you might be able to use it as a staircase.

So I was kind of worried that I couldn’t rely on a standard tile set to check against.
Luckily that wasn’t really the case. What I’m currently using is a grid of 3x3 squares, I put some generic stuff in there (like the height is 4 blocks, or it’s a bridge). I create a move list through the grid, most of the time It works, but if the player gets stuck within a square I try to resolve it with some easy functionality (i.e. switch axes to get to the next square).

I’m really glad it worked. It’s a big relief.

Next up is the sound code. I’ve been putting it off for some time now, because I’ve never really looked at the sound-stuff for DS. So it’s all going to be new. Hopefully it’s not going to be too hard, or costs a lot of CPU speed.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen